Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shem Creek, Charleston, SC on July 9th


While visiting Clair in Charleston for the week of July 4th, I was able to fish in Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant. I launched the yak at 5 pm at high tide and paddled towards the back of the creek, so when the tide started to roll out, the current would take me back to the boat ramp. Tons of boat docks and other kayakers out there. Most yakkers were scenic seeking tourists...so I had the fish all to myself! I was prepared to fish for speckled trout and puppy drum, which Charleston has plenty. Unfortunately, there were no fish in THIS creek! Actually, I had 4 good hits. Three blow ups on my topwater and one pulled my DOA float under but not long enough for me to set the hook. It was a cool place to fish anyway. I took my headlamp with me so I could fish after it got dark. I fished until about 10 pm and headed back to the ramp which was eventful because the current was so strong. I almost got swallowed by a boat dock twice as the current tried to take me underneath of it! Next time, I am confident I will boat some fish!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment