Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lake Smith, April 10, 2010





Fished Lake Smith for largemouth bass today. I learned some new tips on worm fishing from a seminar by Woo Daves, so I deployed them on this trip to the fullest. I fished a worm 95% of the time today to force myself to get good at it...that works for me when I am trying to gain confidence in a particular lure. I fished the Zoom worm on a small bullet weight thru brush and docks in the usual places. I caught 4 keepers including two very fat 3 pounders. I moved to a new spot in the NW corner along a huge fallen tree. I threw my worm between a boatdock and a big pile of brush sticking out of the water, switched it twice and WHAM! (well, more like tap tap, swim to the side). So I set the hook and watched a 5 1/2 pound beauty jump clear out of the water 3 times until I landed him. What a way to end the day!

2 comments: